With the announcement of releasing Windows 10, Microsoft shifted towards the concept of update and persistence including the principle of Windows as a Service (Waas) which belongs to the principle of Software as a Service (Saas). With the implementation of the principles, the user can not download the forced Windows Updates of the Microsoft machines, but the user needs to install them while shutting down the Windows 10 and sometimes even seed them to some other users. This seeding concept seizes a lot load from the Microsoft servers that would offer the Windows Updates to the users earlier. Installing these updates can prooving very boring and irritating for the users and consumes a lot of precious time of the users.
For this problem, we are trying to provide you three easy and simple methods by which you can skip the installation of updates and start working continue for hours without interlude. And if you feel any issue in completing the steps, then you can dial the toll-free number of Microsoft customer support.
Steps to Shutdown Windows 10 without Installing any Updates
Here, we are discussing the three easy steps of how to shut down windows 10 without installing any updates on PC. To save your time and efforts and for avoiding trouble, you need to follow the steps in ascending order. The steps are given below:
Step-1: To Clear the Software Distribution Folder
Windows 10 downloads two types of updates on PC. They might be Critical Update and Non-critical updates. The security updates, bug fixes and patches are delivered to the Windows 10 and come under the category of Critical Updates. And the nation critical updates includes the delivery of some other features such as visual changes. Critical Updates belong to one which is released on the second Tuesday of every month or known as Patch Tuesday. Non-critical updates belong to those who are releases twice every year and also bring some new features.
Critical Updates need immediate installation process as they complete downloading whereas some of the feature updates need not be installed immediately and can be postponed for some days.
- Start pressing the WINKEY + X together and choose the Admin Command Prompt to release the Command Prompt with Administrator Privileges.
- Now type the following commands in the given sequence on the Command Prompt console and click on the Enter option
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop cryptic
- net stop bits
- net stop msiserver
- Now, all the Windows Update Services running on your Windows 10 PC automatically stops.
- Then, click on the open File Explorer
- Now, Navigate to the following location from the address bar: C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download
- Confirm that the drive letter is successfully removed from your system then only Windows 10 is installed on your PC.
- Now, choose every file appear inside the Software Distribution folder
- Then, click together Shift + Delete on your keyboard.
- Now you need to begin the Windows Update services on your PC by typing the commands in Command Prompt with Administrator Privileges and press the enter button.
- net start wuauserv
- net start cryptic
- net start bits
- net start msiserver
Step-2: Always Use Power Button to Shut Down your PC
- Press together WINKEY + R combinations
- or click on the “Run’ box appear in the Cortana search box to open the Run box.
- On the text label, search for “powercfg.cpl”
- Then, click on the Enter option.
- It will automatically launch the Power Options window on your screen.
- On the left side of the screen, click to choose the option what the power buttons do.
- Then, scroll-down the option ‘When I click the power button, set both the drop-downs to Shut down” option.
- Now, click on the save
Now you will surely able to shut down Windows 10 without installing any Windows Updates on your PC.
Step-3: Alternatives to shutting down your computer
you can preferably choose other alternatives to save power of the system and keep your computer from constant turn on. There is two option which you can try easily and for keeping your computer in Hibernate mode or Sleep mode.
By using the Hibernate mode, all applications are moved towards RAM to your HDD disk until you turn back your computer s turned on. And If you are using the sleep option, then your computer will automatically go into low power consumption.
If you are still in trouble, then you have last option to contact the directly Microsoft customer support. The professionals of Microsoft are well qualified in their specified field and available 24*7 to assist you.