We all know very well that the printer is as a good thing for every professional and home users. These days, the printer is becoming the handiest and powerful device for all the users. Due to continues changes in the technology, the printer manufacturer’s invented most advanced featured printers. However, there are multiples of printers available in the market which delivers the best printer and customer services. But Lexmark’s printer is one such name famous for delivering their services on time and top quality printers around the world.
Sometimes, due to several other reasons, users are facing lots of problems while printing with the Lexmark’s printers. One such Epson Printer error is Firmware error 900. No worries, this is one of the ordinary communication error usually occurs when printer is receiving the information from a network or any other computer system or occurs when your Lexmark printer is receiving any data or information from the computer system and not able to print or not able to finish the task or command prompted by the users. It sometimes occurs when the internet or power switch connected to the printer is not good or might be that the network card present in your printer is creating the hurdle in the printing experience.
Underneath are a few simple steps which help you resolving the Lexmark Firmware error code 900 without any trouble. The steps are discussed below.
Solutions to Troubleshoot Lexmark Firmware Error Code 900
Let’s start following the troubleshooting steps which sometimes creates hurdle and takes more time in completing the process, but to avoid all these issues, follow these steps in the correct sequence as mentioned below. Here how to do it:
Solution-1: Updating the Printer’s Firmware Level
Many times, this error occurs when the firmware code level of your Lexmark’s printer is outdated, then the printer does not support the code which is loaded on the communication cards of the scanner. To resolve the error, you need to be sure that the printer firmware is at the P128 level. For checking it follow the steps:
- Firstly, navigate to the ‘Menu’ button located on the printer display screen.
- After that, press the ‘Reports’ option.
- Then, click on the ‘Menu Settings Page’ to start the printing of your documents.
- In the Device Information section, look for the ‘Firmware level information which is located next to the Base in the printer.
- In case, if the code level of the printer firmware is below the P128 then follow the next steps to fix the Lexmark firmware error code P128.
Solution-2: Cross-verify by EWS (Embedded Web Server)
Start following the given steps to fix the error code 900 without facing unnecessary trouble:
- You need to join the Lexmark printer to the internet by simply using the Ethernet cable.
- For this, open the Internet Explorer or launch the Google Chrome on your computer system.
- Now, enter the IP address of the printer into the browser address field.
- After that, click on the ‘Reports’ option.
- Finally, press the ‘Device Information’ option.
- At last, check that the printer firmware is at the P128 level.
Shery Williams is an employee at a top email service provider company in the
day,and a technical writer at night. She is passionate about writing troubleshooting tips, beginner’s guides, news, and other articles on varied topics. She has written majorly on lexmark printer support, HP printer support and Epson printer.